Statement of Belief
We here assert doctrines which we regard as crucial to the understanding of the faith, which should result in mutual love, practical Christian service and evangelistic concern:
- The sovereignty and grace of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgement
- The divine inspiration of the Holy Scriptures and their consequent entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of fallen humanity, making us subject to God’s wrath and condemnation
- The substitutionary sacrifice of the incarnate Son of God as the sole all-sufficient ground of redemption from the guilt and power of sin, and from its eternal consequences
- The justification of the sinner solely by the grace of God through repentance and faith in Christ crucified and risen from the dead
- The illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of God the Holy Spirit
- The priesthood of all believers, who form the universal church, the Body of which Christ is the Head and which is committed by His command to the proclamation of the Gospel throughout the world
- The expectation of the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory, the resurrection of the dead and final judgement of people of all nations
- The two ordinances of the Lord Jesus Christ, namely, baptism and the Lord’s Supper, which are of perpetual obligation
We as evangelical Christians uphold two ordinances of the Church, namely baptism and Communion or otherwise known as the Lord’s Supper.
- Baptism is the immersion in water of a person who professes repentance from sin and faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord. Baptismal services may be held as required and will be conducted by a Senior Pastor and or Pastor, and or an Elder.
- Communion or The Lord’s Supper is a spiritual fellowship in the death, resurrection and present reality of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Observance shall be at such times as the Church may determine. All who love the Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity and truth shall be welcome at the Lord’s Supper.